About 9th Street Internal Medicine in Philadelphia
Ninth Street Internal Medicine (NSIM) is an NCQA recognized Level Three Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
At 9th Street Internal Medicine, we:
- Manage the health and wellness of patients ranging from age 18 through the senior years. We often see two or three generations of a family in our practice.
- Emphasize preventive medicine, including age and gender-specific cancer screening, immunizations, and evaluation of risk factors for future medical problems.
- Use an electronic health record to assure that you receive the best possible care. You can view your medical records and email us securely about prescription refills, referrals, appointment issues, and NON-URGENT medical questions.
- Practice medicine as a partnership between us and our patients. We encourage your active participation in your care. We always inform you about your test results and make recommendations to help you achieve the best possible health.
- Coordinate the care you receive from specialists, inpatient hospitals and emergency rooms. Your care will no longer be fragmented between providers who do not communicate with each other. Our on-site care managers help update your medical records and arrange needed services after hospitalization so that you have the help you need to recover.
- Believe quality matters. We strive to continually improve what we do and assure that all patients get the care they need according to the best scientific evidence available.
- Believe in access to care when you need it the most. We can see you for the same day and next day appointments. These are available with shorter wait time and lower costs than the emergency room.
9th Street Internal Medicine is affiliated with Pennsylvania Hospital, University of Pennsylvania Hospital System and Jefferson University Hospital.
On-Site Lab Affiliation
Blood is drawn onsite by a commercial lab for your convenience.
Dr Lillian Cohn, Dr Kenneth Barmach and Dr David Verbofsky are our MDVIP affiliated physicians. They are affiliated with a national program of concierge physicians who focus on personalized wellness and prevention as well as management of chronic and acute disease – this program allows patients to pay an annual membership fee to be part of a smaller patient panel. Those patients also receive all the benefits of being part of the NSIM practice with the same credentials, partnerships and electronic records described above in the NSIM information section of this site.
For more information on this program please visit www.MDVIP.com.